Time Leap is a time travel ability found in Charlotte. It was originally used and possessed by Shunsuke Otosaka until he went blind. However, in Plunder, it was looted by Yū Otosaka. Yū also lost this ability when his right eye got slashed in Charlotte. It can only be used by having eyesight in both eyes or as according to Shunsuke, "light must reach the user's eye's"
UsageTime Leap allows your mind to go back into the past and alter the outcome of events. In order to activate this ability, both of the users eyes need to be revealed to light. If even one eye is not exposed to light, as with Yū after having his right eye cut, the ability is rendered unusable.
Though as stated in Plunder, each time this ability is used, their vision fades, eventually turning into blindness (which renders it completely unusable).
- To prevent all ability users from being captured. (The World that is No Longer Here)
- To win 600 million yen and gather more funding. (The World that is No Longer Here)
- Multiple other times to gather even more funding. (The World that is No Longer Here)
- To create Hoshinoumi Academy. (The World that is No Longer Here)
- It is speculated by fans that Sala Shane might have also had this ability in the past due to the many similarities she shares with Shunsuke, including blindness though it is debatable whether or not it is the same ability or a similar one. Though it is is unknown whether or not she ever was an ability, she is shown to have a connection to time travel as it was only after hearing her song (Trigger) that Yu is able to recall the events of the 1st timeline even though this shouldn't be possible as he hadn't ever experienced any such events aside from hearing the song in said timeline. Even Shunsuke is unsure of how it happened further cementing the theory.
- Time Leap is one of the many abilities hidden in the show's opening, Bravely You.